Regression Tree

bkuligbkulig Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi!

I know already form answers in this form that there is a tree algorithm for numeric dependent variables in the WEKA extentions. But I can not find it! Please could you name me the operator?

Thank you in advance!

Boris

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hello bkulig,

the operator W-RepTree should do it. Please be sure to have the Weka extension installed. There is a documentation page on this.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• bkuligbkulig Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi Martin,

it does it!

Thank you!

Boris

• earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn

You should also play with W-M5P also from the Weka library. I have obtained better results with it. There are two version of trees you can estimate with this operator. Trees with numerical predictions at the final nodes and Trees with Regression Equations at the final nodes. 

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hey earmijo,

can you maybe eloberate a bit on what your experiences are with both of them?

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany