[SOLVED] Loop Zip-File Entries - What if the zip file has a password?

rowan_growan_g Member Posts: 47 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
Hi All,

I get zip-files sent to me with a password (not sure why they insist on using a password) and it's the same password all the time. Would it be possible to loop zip files with known passwords?

Thanks,

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

so you want to use RapidMiner to brute-force Zip passwords? ;D
    This is currently not possible (and you can't even hack your way to it via the 'Execute script' operator because the Java library does not support zip files with a password as far as I know..)

Regards,
    Marco
  • rowan_growan_g Member Posts: 47 Contributor II
    Hi Marco,

Thanks for that.
    At this point we're not looking to brute-force passwords.....I actually know what the password is - it never changes. One of my suppliers is just a bit paranoid.
    It would be cool if you could brute-force though...

Is there any way to input a known password?

Cheers,
    Rowan
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

as pointed out above: No. And there won't be for the forseeable future.

Regards,
    Marco
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Maybe not the most elegant solution, but most certainly there is a command line tool that can deal with password protected zip files. You could run that program with the Execute Program operator and then use Loop Files on the extracted data instead of Loop Zip File.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • rowan_growan_g Member Posts: 47 Contributor II
    Thanks for that Marius
  • aengleraengler Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    another more centralized controlled pos, would be to use the zipfile lib with the python operator