[SOLVED] VLOOKUP Equivalent in Operators

scooter7scooter7 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, I am wondering if there is an equivalent operator to Excel's VLOOKUP formula.

I have two spreadsheets that I want to import into Rapidminer. One spreadsheet lists all zip codes in the U.S. and then the median income for each zip code in an adjacent column. The other spreadsheet (sample data) has many variables, one of which is zip code for each person/row on the spreadsheet. I am seeking to import both spreadsheets into Rapidminer and then create a process in which the spreadsheets are ultimately appended and a new column/variable is created in the one with the sample data that provides the median income based on the person/rows' zip code.

I know how to do this in Excel using the VLOOKUP formula. However, I would like to be able to accomplish the same thing in Rapidminer. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello scooter7

The Join operator should do what you want. Set the left join example set to be the sample data and the right join example set as the zip code reference data. Set the key attributes to be the zip codes in the example sets.

regards

Andrew
  • scooter7scooter7 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Hello Andrew,
    Your solution worked perfectly. Thank you very much for your assistance.
    Happy new year!