RapidMiner

RapidMiner

Saving weka model [Solved]

Regular Contributor

Saving weka model [Solved]

What is the best way to save weka models for further use?

I have tried "store" and "write model" components without any success

Thank you.
4 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Saving weka model

The Store operator is the way to go. You can use it with a combination of Retrieve and Apply Model in another process. If you still have problems please let us know and supply what exactly does not work.

Best regards,
Marius
Regular Contributor

Re: Saving weka model [Solution]

I have found the problem and I think it is good that I report it.

I am working on a private data on a machine that cannot have access to the internet. I have installed RM but I cannot install the extensions, therefore, I have installed the extensions manually by copying the jar file into the plugins directory.
Storing and retrieving Weka models did not work.
Later, I have copied the extensions into the plugins/managed directory with the XMLfile and I was able to retrieve Weka models by the Retrieve component
Super Contributor

Re: Saving weka model [Solved]

Hm, that's strange. Which plugins directory did you use? To make it work you have to copy the extensions to C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins (i.e. in the installation directory, C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins for the latest version), not to the .RapidMiner5\plugins folder in your home directory. Did you do that?

Regular Contributor

Re: Saving weka model [Solved]

Yes, first I used  "C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins"  but I had an error retrieving weka models.

It worked only when I copied the folder " C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins\managed" from another machine.

I have double checked.