"Saving weka model [Solved]"

ammarghammargh Member Posts: 27 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
What is the best way to save weka models for further use?

I have tried "store" and "write model" components without any success

Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    The Store operator is the way to go. You can use it with a combination of Retrieve and Apply Model in another process. If you still have problems please let us know and supply what exactly does not work.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • ammarghammargh Member Posts: 27 Maven
    I have found the problem and I think it is good that I report it.

I am working on a private data on a machine that cannot have access to the internet. I have installed RM but I cannot install the extensions, therefore, I have installed the extensions manually by copying the jar file into the plugins directory.
    Storing and retrieving Weka models did not work.
    Later, I have copied the extensions into the plugins/managed directory with the XMLfile and I was able to retrieve Weka models by the Retrieve component
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hm, that's strange. Which plugins directory did you use? To make it work you have to copy the extensions to C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins (i.e. in the installation directory, C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins for the latest version), not to the .RapidMiner5\plugins folder in your home directory. Did you do that?

• ammarghammargh Member Posts: 27 Maven
    Yes, first I used  "C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins"  but I had an error retrieving weka models.

It worked only when I copied the folder " C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\lib\plugins\managed" from another machine.

I have double checked.