Sorting Attribute Values

LiteraLitera Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
my first action in this forum, I hope I gonna do fine.
As I could not find any answers to my question in the forum or the tutorials I decided to open up a new topic.

Im a pretty newbie on RapidMiner. At the moment I am working with a dataset dealing with Credit Risk (my label). The polynominal attribute (credit_risk) is seperated into:
  • Do not Lend
  • High
  • Moderate
  • Low
  • Very Low
This is the order is should have, but RapidMiner sorts the values alphabetical. How can I change the order of the values? Is it possible to add any weights or parameters that get the values in the right order, from: Do not Lend to Very Low?

A helpful answer is very much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Answers

• SkirzynskiSkirzynski Member Posts: 164 Maven
    Hi,

Where does RapidMiner sort the values of an attribute alphabetically? I am not sure where to look. :)

Best
      Marcin
  • LiteraLitera Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hey, thanks for replying. Actually I created a scatter plot, which indicated the relationships between certain key variables (Credit Score; Debt Income Ratio)  to my label variable (Credit Risk). Unfortunately the scotter plot sorts the different credit risks (DO NOT LEND to Very Low) alphabetical:
    • DO NOT LEND
    • High
    • Low
    • Moderate
    • Very Low
    and not in the order as I stated in the original post. I hope that gives you the information.

Thanks!
    Litera
  • SkirzynskiSkirzynski Member Posts: 164 Maven
    OK, I see. I guess you are using the "Advanced Chart" since the "Plot View" does sort the values alphabetically, but, as I think, in the order of their first "creation" in this example set. For the advanced chart I am not aware of any options which can change the order of the values. I think your best option is prefix your values with 1, 2, 3 or a, b, c.
  • LiteraLitera Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thanks for the quick reply and I thought about the same, but wanted to avoid it. Anyway I will follow your advise and will change the values to 1,2,3,...  

Edit:

I change the values according to your answer to 1,2,3,4,5. The problem still occurs Rapidminer sorts them: 3,4,2,5,1. This has never happened before and I have no idea why or what I can do against.

If anyone has an idea!!!