Unable to open RapidMiner on Windows 10

rainaadirainaadi Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I can't open RapidMiner on my desktop. When I try to open a new process or even an old one, no window shows up. When I hover over the icon in the taskbar though, I can see that the process is there but when I actually click on it nothing happens. 

RapidMiner on the Apps and Features folder in Settings is "Unavailable", though it was working for the past couple of days. I re-installed it and re-booted my computer, nothing works. 

Help!

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

can you please attach the launcher.log and the rapidminer-studio.log files? They can be found in the C:\users\youruser\.RapidMiner folder. Please delete them, then try starting RapidMiner Studio. Then upload the files (if they are created) afterwards.

Regards,

Marco

• geuskensgeuskens Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Dear Marco (Boek),

I have problems to install Rapidminer  Studio 7.3 on 64-biits windows 10 lenovo computer.

The installation stops during installation process.

Can you help solving the problem?

I found this anwer in the community, but have some questions to your previous help- answer:

How do you afterwards upload the bold (and red) files

Hi,

can you please attach the launcher.log and the rapidminer-studio.log files? They can be found in the C:\users\youruser\.RapidMiner folder. Please delete them, then try starting RapidMiner Studio. Then upload the files (if they are created) afterwards.

Regards,

Guy

Marco

• geuskensgeuskens Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Dear Marco (Boeck),

I have problems to install Rapidminer  Studio 7.3 on 64-biits windows 10 lenovo computer.

The installation stops during installation process.

Can you help solving the problem?

I found this anwer in the community, but have some questions to your previous help- answer:

How do you afterwards upload the bold (and red) files

Hi,

Regards,

Guy

Marco