"Urgent help required: Export word list to excel sheet"

RapidQuesRapidQues Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Kindly help me.
I want to know how i can export the word list from the result of text mining to an excel sheet.

I have tried to use the "write excel " operator, but it gives error on connection with word output of process.
error message: "expected exampleset".

Thankyou.

Answers

• RalfKlinkenbergRalfKlinkenberg Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member, Unconfirmed, University Professor Posts: 68 RM Founder
    RapidQues wrote:

I want to know how i can export the word list from the result of text mining to an excel sheet.

I have tried to use the "write excel " operator, but it gives error on connection with word output of process.
    error message: "expected exampleset".
    Once you have generated a word list using for example a "Process Documents from Data" or "Process Documents from Files" operator, you can use the "WordList to Data" operator and transform the word list into a standard data table ("Example Set"), which can then be stored to an Excel file using the "Write Excel" operator.

Before writting the word list, you could also sort it using the "Sort" operator and filter it to focus on the top words using the "Example Range Filter". After sorting the words in the desired order, you can for example use the example range from 1 to 20 to deliver the top 20 words according to your sorting order.

Best wishes,
    Ralf
  • RapidQuesRapidQues Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Thank you  Ralf  :)
  • akin_alanakin_alan Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

I did exactly that... Read Document->Process Documents-> Wordlist to Data-> Write Excel -> result .......All ends with green checkmarks and no errors... perfect..  With that, no data and no excel file is generated ... hours of troubleshooting but all with the same results. - Alan

• kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn

Hi @akin_alan

A very quick way to troubleshoot a situation like that will be putting breakpoint after each operator and this way you can control if each operator actually delivers an output as expected. So if there's a problem you can see where exactly in the process something goes wrong.