a newbie ques about importing excel file

amenaakhterchyamenaakhterchy Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello

I am trying to import an Excel file into Rapidminer. However, this Excel file have mixed data format. For instance, a given column may contain some cells which are just numerical values, while some other cells are plain texts.when i am importing it showing a error "cannot get numeric value from a text file "  How should I  solve this problem ? 

thank you 

amena 

Tagged:

Best Answer

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

Ok I am assuming you got there by clicking "Add Data". If you go through the screens and get an error (mixed data), go back and force the import to polynominal on the columns causing trouble. Go back two screens ("Format your columns" and click on the drill down arrow. Go to "Change Type" and select polynominal. That should do the trick.

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Are you using the "Add Data" wizard or using the "Read Excel" operator?
  • amenaakhterchyamenaakhterchy Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

i am using import excel sheet ..  

• amenaakhterchyamenaakhterchy Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

yeap the problem is solved ..thank you ..