adding a "standard" DATA Repository location?

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,
I have all my data in one repository location, when I create a process, I get the data from that location... however, when I import old processes with the same data, it does not find the data anymore because there is no connection between that process and original data location anymore... 

but as my data is always in one repository, is there a possibility to do a global setting for all my data location as standard location or something?

Best Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

this should work with the free community edition and also with other synchronization services, not only Dropbox.

In the repository panel, click on the dropdown button and "Create repository". Then select New Local Repository, enter a name like "My synced repo" and instead of using the standard location, enter the path that is synchronized with your service. This needs to be a "local" path (but network drives work, too). 

This is also a good approach if you want to keep your repository in a versioning system like Git or Subversion.

Regards,

Balázs

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

ah ok now I understand, just use local Repository of your local e.g. Dropbox folder to synchronize with your dropbox account ;) and then you have to do the same on the other computer I guess.. thanks good idea

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Hi Fred,

I used to put all my RM processes and data in a /workspace folder on my Dropbox and then when I switched machines, I would just modify my Respository settings to read /workspace. Everything populated in the right spot back then, I haven't moved machines in a while. Have you tried that?

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

no didn't try that but that sounds like a good idea, but I dont know how to do that...

how can I enter an online dropbox folder in the Repository settings and where can I do that? I have only community edition, do I need full edition for that?

or do I have to use RM Server or so?