Options

"deep learning operators missing in the linux version of rapidminer studio 7.2"

anthonycrowtheranthonycrowther Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help

hello to all,

Rapidminer Studio 7.2 is supposed to include new deep learning algorithms, like gradient boosted trees and deep learning. 

If I download the windows version of rapidminer, these new operators are available. 

If I download the linux version of rapidminer 7.2, they aren't. Could you correct the linux version? 

Regards,

Anthony Crowther

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Dear Anthony,

that's somehow strange. Part of our Development and Research Groups are using Linux and there is no problem using the new operators. Have you tried a fresh install?

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi!

The H2O operators use JavaFX. This is often not installed on Linux systems by default.

In Debian and Ubuntu, you should be able to install the "openjfx" or similarly called package.

This fixed the problem for me.

Regards,

another happy Linux user

• Options
    mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering

Hi Anthony,

the Gradient Boosted Trees and the Deep Learning operator are shipped with the H2O plugin which is bundled with RapidMiner Studio.

So if the fresh install proposed by Martin does solve the problem, the extension might not be successfully initialized. Can you maybe then post or send me the content of your rapidminer-studio.log file?

Cheers,

Marcel