"error loading csv"

bozwoodbozwood Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
likely an easy answer to this, but I am unable to load a csv file (worked ok in 4.1); I get the following error:

Error in: CSVExampleSource (CSVExampleSource) Could not read file 'C:\Documents and Settings\jrw\My Documents\Amibroker\rapidminer - test.csv': Number of columns in line 1 was unexpected, was: 115, expected: 116. The given file could not be read. Please make sure that the file exists and that the RapidMiner process has sufficient privileges.

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="CSVExampleSource" class="CSVExampleSource">
        <parameter key="filename" value="C:\Documents and Settings\jrw\My Documents\Amibroker\rapidminer - test.csv"/>
        <parameter key="label_name" value="label"/>
    </operator>
</operator>

I can't figure out the problem and any help would be appreciated.

thanks

jon
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    you probably have a missing value in your data set. There is a topic on this forum, describing the error in more detail. Please take a look there.

Greetings, 
      Sebastian
  • bozwoodbozwood Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    thanks, but I don't have any missing values. the first column is the date and last is the label. as I mentioned, this worked before but now does not for the CSV file that I must use. Is there some error in CSVExampleSource?

thanks
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    that's impossible to say as long as I dont have the data. Which version of RapidMiner do you use?

Greetings,
      Sebastian