exporting processes with Weka operators in the RM 58

dan_agapedan_agape Member Posts: 106 Maven
edited July 2019 in Help
I installed the latest version of RM (5.0.08). For some reason I could not export processes using Weka operators. I reinstalled RM, the same problem appeared. Finally I reinstalled a previous version (5.0.05), and exporting worked properly.

Regards,
Dan
Tagged:

Answers

• earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    I'm having problems with Weka too. Sometimes, when I'm constructing a process and I place the cursor on the Weka operator I cannot see the window to set parameters. I'm also getting all sorts of warnings. I didn't get them in the previous version.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    yes, the WEKA Extension is outdated and does not support the new long term compatibility strategy added to RapidMiner with the latest update.
    But you are lucky guys: We just received an email from one of our enterprise customer that demanded to readd WEKA support. So we will give that priority and the update should arrive within the next few hours.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • dan_agapedan_agape Member Posts: 106 Maven

Sebastian, it sounds good, thanks.

Another thing regarding Weka: why the preprocessing operators from Weka are not incorporated in RM? At least I do not find them. Obviously RM is already quite strong in preprocessing functionality, but some essential operators, which already exist in Weka, have been forgotten. For instance: discarding the attributes with too many missing values. Someone suggested a non-straightforward solution which actually I could not use.

Best,
    Dan

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

Obviously RM is already quite strong in preprocessing functionality, but some essential operators, which already exist in Weka, have been forgotten.
    it's not a matter of "forgetting". In our own projects, we did just had not the need for these operator or - more likely - we had the ability to build those operators by using the other, already existing, operators. And since noone else paid us for implementing them...  ;)

In contrast to the learning schemes, which can easily be integrated from Weka, this is hardly true for the filters. Data structures are different for both applications and filtering changes data a lot (in contrast to mere modeling) and hence we would have to integrate and optimize each Weka filter anew - which needs the same amount of time as simply implementing them for RapidMiner and make use of the more powerful data structures and allow things like preprocessing models, views with on-the-fly calculation etc.

Someone suggested a non-straightforward solution which actually I could not use.
    What's wrong with this solution? Works well for me...

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • dan_agapedan_agape Member Posts: 106 Maven

Hi Ingo,

Thanks - I'll try to use that solution again. For some reason I was not successful the first time. It would still be nice for your business customers to have this operator - in particular for those which use imperfect/missing data frequently. Just for productivity and user friendly-ness reasons.

Many thanks for making this amazing software available! It really makes a difference for the Data Mining community. 

Best,
    Dan

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

For some reason I was not successful the first time. It would still be nice for your business customers to have this operator - in particular for those which use imperfect/missing data frequently.
    I completely agree. By the way: You delivered every single reason why people should really consider to change to the Enterprise Edition of RapidMiner  ;D
    • You have a problem with a process: Don't worry, ask our Enterprise Support and we will help you in resolving your problems immediately.
    • You need another operator or an extension of existing ones: Don't worry, we are happy to fulfill our customer needs as soon as possible.
    I usually try not to bother you guys with too much advertisement for our Enterprise Services here in the community forum but - hey - this was a great opportunity  ;)

Cheers,
    Ingo