Options

jdbc

veveveve Member Posts: 63 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I tried to add the HIVE  JDBC driver. I copied the jar files and I see the driver in green in the "show database driver". However when I'm trying to connect to a hive table nothing happened (I waited for 20 minutes and I got only "fetching database table")

Where can I find more about the connection?

Thank you very much,

Alina

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

what did the "Manage Database Connections" dialog say which can be found under "Tools" in the top menu? Was a connection test successful?

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    veveveve Member Posts: 63 Contributor II
    Hello,

Yes, It says it is ok (I have a green check)..

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

can you describe the problem in a bit more detail, i.e. what were you doing and what exactly is happening?
    You could also check if the log (USER_HOME/.RapidMiner/rapidminer-studio.log) contains an error when your problem happens, in that case please provide the log contents as well.
    Furthermore you can select "Tools" -> "Manage Database Connections" and then click on "Advanced" in the top right corner of the dialog if you need to set some special settings for your JDBC driver. Personally I have never tested HIVE but in principle every database in existence should work as long as a working and correctly set up JDBC driver is used.

Regards,
    Marco