language filter issue

huaiyanggongzihuaiyanggongzi Member Posts: 39 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I have a document that include both chinese and english. Can I filter all those english text and keep chinese text only? Or in the other direction, can I filter all those chinese text and keep english text only?

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

Just saw this one.  Yes you can, simply use a regular expression in your filter and search for \p{Han} this only selects Chinese characters. 

To get the reverse just invert it. 

• LaurenPlummerLaurenPlummer Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Btw, my team has released a RapidMiner extension to perform multilingual text analysis - the Rosette Text Toolkit. We have an "Identify Language" operator that returns the language of every cell in the input attribute (identifies 56 languages, including Chinese). The extension may help in analyzing multiple-language input - and most of our operators support Chinese.

-Lauren

• masirumimasirumi Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    I have tried using Rosette's Identify Language operator but received "Couldn't retrieve data for input text" error message. Have tried with text produced from RapidMiner's Generate Nominal Example and other datasets but to no avail.

Hope Rosette could fix this soon.

Rumi