Enabling Autocommit Is Not Supported - Error Connecting to Impala Via JDBC

rajabratarajabrata Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited October 2019 in Help
Hello

I am trying to connect to my Cloudera Impala instance through JDBC from Rapid Miner.  I have added the JARs to the driver config and everything looks correct.  In fact, Rapid Miner attempts to make the connection and then fails with the error "Enabling Autocommit is not Supported".

My issue is the the Impala JDBC Driver does NOT support Auto Commit.  It seems Rapid Miner tries always sets Auto Commit to true.  Therefore, is there a way I can disable the Auto Commit requirement in Rapid Miner?

Please help me out as I would really like to leverage this tool, but won't be able to if it can't connect to my data source.

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• 2131012221310122 Member Posts: 40 Guru

Have you solve this? 

I met the same problem with you.

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Hmmm... try the Hive JDBC connector to connect to Apache Impala. It doesn't support autocommit either, but it overrides the required methods to make itself compatible with the specifications, which Impala doesn't.

https://impala.apache.org/docs/build/html/topics/impala_jdbc.html

Hope it helps,

Sorry, I don't understand you. Maybe I didn't describe the problem clearly.

I added all dependencies needed in the configuration of driver and want to connect the Impala in RapidMiner. But it shows "Enabling Autocommit Is Not Supported".

It was "org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver"  that I used.

5.png3.png

C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\hadoop-common-2.6.0-cdh5.9.0.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\hive-common-1.1.0-cdh5.9.0.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\hive-jdbc-1.1.0-cdh5.9.0.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\hive-metastore-1.1.0-cdh5.9.0.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\hive-service-1.1.0-cdh5.9.0.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\httpclient-4.2.5.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\httpcore-4.2.5.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\libthrift-0.9.0.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\libfb303-0.9.0.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\log4j-1.2.17.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\slf4j-api-1.7.25.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\slf4j-log4j12-1.7.21.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\commons-logging-1.2.jar,C:\Users\liyuhui\lyh\software\rapidminer-8.2.0\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc\guava-18.0.jar

Then I used the same dependencies and writed the code to connect the Impala, it was ok.

So I thought it's something about RM configuration or... I don't know. Can you help me?

1.png2.png

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@rajabrata is using the Radoop product not an option for you?

I know Radoop can connect hive and Impala database,but what's the reason of this error?

Since you provide the Hive type in the connection configuration dialog, doesn't it mean that it will be ok if I use this way to connect?

I just want to know why it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot.