Options

set role operator problem

DavidRajuDavidRaju Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Why parameter "name" of "set role" operator not highlighting( that is , its not showing the attributes of my "read file "(excell file) operator).
Read file operator executing properly if i connect directly to output and showing the attributes in result window, but "set role" operator connected to "readfile operator", not working. still its asking in fixes "Change value of parameter "name" to...", if i fill forcefully the parameter "name" with my attribute "class" and parameter "target role" as "label" , if i try to execute , still its not working. The same problem some times arises with "select attribute" operator
Give me solution how to make the "set role" operator highlights the attributes of "read file" at name parameter when i click the set role operator.

here is xml code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.2.008">
 <context>
   <input/>
   <output/>
   <macros/>
 </context>
 <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.008" expanded="true" name="Process">
   <process expanded="true" height="404" width="815">
     <operator activated="true" class="read_excel" compatibility="5.2.008" expanded="true" height="60" name="Read Excel" width="90" x="45" y="75">
       <parameter key="excel_file" value="C:\Users\asdf\Desktop\heart\Thesis work\Results\Cluster\2 clusterrs\clu0,1.xlsx"/>
       <list key="annotations"/>
       <list key="data_set_meta_data_information"/>
     </operator>
     <operator activated="true" class="set_role" compatibility="5.2.008" expanded="true" height="76" name="Set Role" width="90" x="313" y="75">
       <list key="set_additional_roles"/>
     </operator>
     <connect from_op="Read Excel" from_port="output" to_op="Set Role" to_port="example set input"/>
     <connect from_op="Set Role" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
     <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
     <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="54"/>
     <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
   </process>
 </operator>
</process>
Thanking you

David

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

when you select the "Read Excel" operator, click the big button in the top right corner which says "Import Configuration Wizard...". You will then be guided through the steps, and in Step 3 you can make sure your row which contains the names for your attributes has the "Name" annotation selected. You can then use the metadata in the following operators. A little trick to help you see what you actually get after the Read Excel operator: Select it and press "F7". That will add a breakpoint after it, so the process suspends after it and you will see what you got out of your Excel file. You then have to click the (now green) "Run" button in the top again and your process will finish.

Regards,
    Marco