"text visualizer"

startx25startx25 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi ,

i get this error when i try to use text analyser :

10:43:52 AM WARNING: Error creating renderer: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.rapidminer.operator.visualization.TextVisualizer cannot be cast to com.rapidminer.operator.visualization.TextVisualizer

ps : for info, only a "exa" port of a processdocument output is connectect to textvisualizer.

my version is Rapidminer version 5 3 008

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Which extension did you install to get the TextVisualizer?
  • startx25startx25 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    HI First, thank you for you help,

i have installed "information extraction"

in "manager extensions" i can see it's version 1.0.0.

• fnlfnl Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Sorry for replying to such an old post, but I have the exact same problem.

The TextVisualizer from the IE plugin gives me this error when I try to run the first sample (1_Read-Tokenize-Visualize).

Is the plugin broken/no longer supported? There seem to have been no updates over the last two years.
  • fnlfnl Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    OK, solved the issue myself: The plugin on the marketplace is NOT up-to-date (if any RapidMiner folks are on this forum, pay attention... :)).

So to get the IE plugin to work correctly, you need to download the latest jar here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ieplugin4rm/

Uninstall the Marketplace version, if you have it installed.
    Then, place the jar (rapidminer-Information-Extraction-1.0.2.jar) in your $RAPIDMINER_HOMER/lib/plugins directory.

To get the examples I mentioned above, do:

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ieplugin4rm/code/informationextractionplugin_Vega/trunk/informationExtraction_Vega/samples/
    mv samples ~/.RapidMiner/repositories/MyRepo/

Finally, the IE plugin works! (Well, the examples, at least - still have to see if this is generally true...)

Restart RapidMiner.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

this is not an extension developed by us so we can't do much about the marketplace version.
    Thanks for sharing how to get it to work though!

Regards,
    Marco