Options

.properties - Files?

cthielcthiel Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Do the .properties-Files created for every Process do contain valuable information? My processes work just fine without them, and don't complain.

The reason for my question is: When I move a process to a subfolder, using the repositories-view of RM and drag-and-drop, a copy of the .properties files remains in the original folder. (Same could be true for renaming/deleting, not yet tested.) And since I'm using a version control system (git) for the process files, all those .properties-Files are cluttering up everything.

Any ideas what these files are for? A search in manual and forum didn't turn anything up.

Thank you,

Christian

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    nothing functional, but who and when it was created. We will correct the behavior, thank you for this notice. You might add a bug to the tracker, if you want to be sure, we won't forget this :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    cthielcthiel Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    Great, so I can tell git to just ignore the .properties-files.

I filed the bug as requested, along with another documentation-bug that cost me some hours.

Chris