How do I change repository location?

GhostriderGhostrider Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I moved my repository, same folder, just different location.  How do I update the path in RapidMiner GUI?

Answers

• SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi Ghostrider,

just remove the old repository in RM and create a new one with the location where you moved your repository.

Ciao Sebastian

Added:

If you remove a repository in RM by performing a right klick and select "delete" in your repository tree, ONLY the reference to the repository/folder is removed from RM. The data and processes on the file system stay where they are.

Then you can move the folder of your repository to the new location you like.

Now you can set up a "new" repository in RM and browse to your new location of your repository and select the folder.

Unfortunatly there is no posibility to change the path of an existing repository.
  • Katharina_MorikKatharina_Morik Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    HOW to remove the old repository and indicate the new one?
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,  :D

just open the repository view if it's not yet open ("View" menu --> "Show View" --> "Repositories"). Then right click on the repository entry you want to delete and select "Delete" from the context menu. Then click on the left Icon in the repository view (Tooltip: "Add a new connection to a repository server") and select a local repository and define the location for the new repository.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • GhostriderGhostrider Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
    Oh great!  That worked!  I appreciate!  Trick for me was finding the repository view.
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

glad that it helped. Please note that deleting the complete repository will only delete the repository from the view but the contents itself from disk while deleting an entry will also remove the entry from disk! We will add an additional dialog stating this in one of the next versions of RapidMiner.

Cheers,
    Ingo