Options

Problem about ReadExcel

gfyanggfyang Member Posts: 29 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I find that ReadExcel seems strange, that is, sometimes it could not really read the data from excel.

For example, here are only two operators, one SetRole after ReadExcel:

<operator activated="true" class="read_excel" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="60" name="Read Excel" width="90" x="45" y="30">
<parameter key="excel_file" value="C:\data\rm_into\GSPC Time Series Training Data.xls"/>
<list key="annotations"/>
<list key="data_set_meta_data_information"/>
</operator>
<operator activated="true" class="set_role" compatibility="5.0.11" expanded="true" height="76" name="Set Role" width="90" x="179" y="30">
<parameter key="name" value="close"/>
<parameter key="target_role" value="label"/>
</operator>
Then, it reports an error: the attribute "close" is missing in the input example set. BUT, there does exist an attribute named "close" in the example set input by ReadExcel.

I also find that the out of ReadExcel shows that there is really none example set(i.e., number of examples = 0, and 0 attributes). If I delete SetRole, left ReadExcel only, the res will correctly shows the example set. What is wrong after I simply add another operator SetRole?

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
gfyang

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    when does the error show up? During process design or during runtime of the process? In the current version there are some problems with the meta data propagation of the excel operator. But the 5.1 release knocks already on your door...

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    gfyanggfyang Member Posts: 29 Maven
    Hi, Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply.

The error occurs during the design process. You know, if the error occurs, we could not run the process. My current version is 5.0. I will try 5.1.

I also tried to import the data into repository, before the process design. Then, it is ok.

Sincerely yours,
    gfyang
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    actually if there is shown an error in the window, this is based upon meta data propagation, which might fail in some cases. (You simply can't do everything without looking at the data) Then these errors can be ignored. The last knowledge if a process would run you will get if you simply press the execute button.

Greetings,
      Sebastian