πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰. RAPIDMINER 9.8 IS OUT!!! πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰

RapidMiner 9.8 continues to innovate in data science collaboration, connectivity and governance

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

"Which to choose? Text Plugin, or Text Process Extension?"

gfyanggfyang Member Posts: 29  Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

Previously, I used Text Plugin, and it worked well. Now I find that RM 5.x has the Text Process Extension. Is it better than Text Plugin?

BTW, there is a detailed tutorial for Text Plugin, so I know how to integrate it into my application in JAVA. Now, I could not find such tutorial. I think the integration using JAVA is different now. How different, and how to use in jAVA?

Thanks a lot.

gfyang

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531   Unicorn
    Hi,
    the Text Processing Extension was a new and completely revised version of the original Text Plugin. Now the Text Processing Extension is maintained by Rapid-I and is updated according to updates in RapidMiner Core.

The integration hasn't changed that much. It still is build a process and executing. See the Java API of RapidMiner for details.
    But please be aware that RapidMiner 5 now is published under AGPL3 and your programs needs to be licensed under the AGPL3, too!

Greetings,
    Β  Sebastian
  • MarkusMarkus Member, University Professor Posts: 6  University Professor
    Hi Sebastian

Am I correct in assuming that the R extension cannot be used in combination with the Text Processing extension?

Cheers

Markus
  • nawafpowernawafpower Member Posts: 34  Maven
    After I have been using the Text Processing operators for long, I don't know where did it go, suddenly I lost the Text Processing and don't know how to return it back.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Team Lead Software Engineering Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,944   RM Engineering
    Hi,

well what did you do? My simple test project in Eclipse has the RapidMiner_Unuk and RapidMiner_Plugin_TextProcessing_Unuk projects in the buildpath and then just calls

RapidMiner.setExecutionMode(com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.ExecutionMode.COMMAND_LINE);
    RapidMiner.init();
    before executing a process which contains text processing operators. Works like a charm.

Regards,
    Marco