Options

Turn Profiler On By Default?

dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hey Guys,

Recently I noticed the cool process profiler you added. Is there any way to turn on the profiler at the start of a process?

What is the performance impact of keeping the profiler on?  ;)

Thanks,
-Gagi

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    well, currently there's no option for switching it on by default. Sorry for that. Anyway I would suggest to not establish a too close relationship to that feature, because it will vanish again. This was more or less a sort of experiment for one of our scientific projects (www.e-lico.eu). But we ourself found the feature so useful that it will make a re-occurance in a later release with more features and more reliable estimations. We currently have some problems with java's memory and cpu management. That's why we have to remove it again...

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    I was wondering where the profiler went in the latest releases. Hope to see it back soon again.

Thanks for all the great work guys!
    -Gagi  ;D
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Gagi,

you are right, the profiler is currently revised and improved. It will be re-released in its new form in version 5.2. Stay tuned  8)

Cheers,
    Ingo