Options

A "Java" tab to see java code

rakirkrakirk Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I wasn't sure if there was a way to currently get at the java code that a particular set of RM processes implements, but I would be interested in either learning how to view the java code or, if that's not feasible, then I guess I would recommend it as a possible feature to consider.

Answers

• Options
    steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Also the idea is very appealing (typing the function name with arguments on the R console also reveals the function code), but the amount of required work to make it a meaningful feature maybe too high.

Me, as an example, always uses rapidminer from eclipse/(code editor) to be able to start it in debug mode (if required). This way I can jump through the code right during its execution + I got all the features the editor provides (like setting conditional breakpoints, exploring class hierarchy or function-call-references). Adding all this functionality and hence copying the editor would be ... crazy,

On the other hand, with a tab just showing the code of the actual operator, you won't get far.Again, only my opinion, but I do not think that the mentioned feature is very helpful in R, cause often the function call leads to the call of another internal method (and the same thing will happen here in RM).

my cents,

steffen
  • Options
    rakirkrakirk Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
    You're right. How do you load RM from Eclipse- this is essentially what I was hoping to accomplish anyways. Anyways, steffen mentioned, being able to see the Java would help me debug issues as the come up.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    see this for details on checking out RapidMiner with eclipse:

http://rapid-i.com/content/view/25/48/lang,en/

I don't exactly understand how such a view could help you...

Greetings,
    Sebastian