How can I select only the non-special attributes?

pablucu5pablucu5 Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I know this is a very simple question but I'm not able to select only the non-special attributes of a ExampleSet in a simple way.

Obviusly I can select manually the special attributes and apply the correct filter but that's the problem: I need to know the roles of the attributes. If I'd like to do it with 8 different samples (tables) I'd have to look for the special attributes in each sample and apply the filter with the correct names of the special attributes. There must be an easier way.

Some help? :)

I Tried to use the "Select Attibutes" filter but it select all the attributes or only the special ones but not only the regulars.

Thanks in advance.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.1.004">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" breakpoints="before" class="process" compatibility="5.1.004" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true" height="524" width="435">
      <operator activated="true" breakpoints="before,after" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.1.004" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="45" y="30"/>
      <operator activated="true" breakpoints="after" class="generate_id" compatibility="5.1.004" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate ID" width="90" x="179" y="30"/>
      <operator activated="true" breakpoints="before" class="select_attributes" compatibility="5.1.004" expanded="true" height="76" name="Select Attributes" width="90" x="315" y="30"/>
      <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Generate ID" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Generate ID" from_port="example set output" to_op="Select Attributes" to_port="example set input"/>
      <connect from_op="Select Attributes" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>

Answers

• StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    Hi,
    try "Work on Subset" operator.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.1.003">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.1.003" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="524" width="435">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.1.003" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="45" y="30"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_id" compatibility="5.1.003" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate ID" width="90" x="179" y="30"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="work_on_subset" compatibility="5.1.003" expanded="true" height="76" name="Work on Subset" width="90" x="313" y="30">
            <parameter key="keep_subset_only" value="true"/>
            <process expanded="true" height="641" width="941">
              <connect from_port="exampleSet" to_port="example set"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_exampleSet" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_example set" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_through 1" spacing="0"/>
            </process>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Generate ID" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Generate ID" from_port="example set output" to_op="Work on Subset" to_port="example set"/>
          <connect from_op="Work on Subset" from_port="example set" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Best Regards
    Vena
  • pablucu5pablucu5 Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
    Thanks Vena.

But the point is selecting all the regular attributes without choosing manually the special ones.
  • colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi,

I don't see any manual selection in the Vena's example. But I noticed that the attribute selection within "Work on Subset" works in a different way as the "Select Attributes" operator does. In my opinion the filtering should work  the same way, otherwise this uncommon behavior may be irritating. I would prefer the "Work on Subset" way since "Select Attributes" indeed doesn't allow selecting only the regular attributes.

Regards
    Matthias
  • pablucu5pablucu5 Member Posts: 15 Contributor II
    Oh yes! Thanks a lot.

I misunderstood Vena's explanation. I thought that "Work on Subset" wasn't an operator, I thought "Work on Subset" was the "subset" option of the operator "Select Attributes".

Thank you all.