Options

"Display of eigenvectors in Generalized Hebbian Algorithm. Is this a bug?"

barthosbarthos Member Posts: 20 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello,
I'm applying a Generalized Hebian Algorithm (GHA) to compute a PCA on text data. I compute only the few first dimensions (3 to 10, thats the particularity of the algorithm that it can calculate only a certain number of dimensions). To get the eigenvectors, I print the "pre" output of the operator which gives an insight into the eigenvectors and eigenvalues computed by the operator. The problem is that when I ask for the eigenvectors, the model gives me only the first components (exactly the same number of components as the number of dimensions computed) in the term space in alphabetical order (so its not even chose among the importants terms)!

Is this a bug or is it normal (but then I don't really get the meaning of the eigenvectors in this algorithm)
Thanks for your help,

Barthélémy

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

Is this a bug or is it normal (but then I don't really get the meaning of the eigenvectors in this algorithm)
    Yip, a bug. Thanks for pointing it out. If you like it would be great if you could submit it to

http://bugs.rapid-i.com

I assume it is only a pretty simple error in calculating the maximum number of rows of the displayed table which accidentally just returns the number of columns as well for the rows...

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Happy to have done something usefull!!!
    Its a little contribution to the great tool you are developping,
    Thanks for all,
    Barthélémy
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Barthélémy,

thanks for your kind words  :)

If you want you could do us a favor and support RapidMiner at the currently running poll at KDNuggets. It's only a single click but really helps us a lot. More information can be found here:

http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,3677.msg13710.html

Thanks  :-*

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Done,
    Best wisches,
    Barthélémy
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    just as a side note: I have fixed this bug.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    Great !
    And how can I get the fixed version ?
    Thanks,
    Barthélémy
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    there are two ways: Buy an enterprise edition. The Hotfixing guarantee ensures that we would send you a fixed version immediately after the fix.
    the second way: Checkout the source code and build RapidMiner yourself. A tutorial how to to this is on our website. If you understandably don't want to go this tedious way and don't want to pay, you simply will have to wait for the next release. Sorry.

With kind regards,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    Ok, thanks,

Barthélémy