Options

Statistics

Wolfsburg2011Wolfsburg2011 Member Posts: 40 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
I  want to know, if I want to join two tables together with Rapid Miner like in Access, is it possible? can I calculate  statatistic like Mean, Std. korrolation, ... with it ? Thank you for your comment. :)

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

of course it is possible to join two tables with RapidMiner. For this purpose, RapidMiner offers the operator "Join". And of course you can also calculate all types of statistics with RapidMiner. Depending on what you want to achieve, the operator containing the keyword "aggregate" might be your best option here.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Hi,
    thanks a lot for your help. I want to know, There is a document or user manual, which was described how the operators work ? for example if I want to build a Model, What features should have my repository  file ? Thank you for your answer :)

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Wolfsburg2011,

two things: first, please don't double post! You have posted almost every of your question multiple times in different places. Don't do that. This will cause the rest of the community more work and at the end we will stop answering your questions and will ban you. And please also try to use the correct boards for your request. Chit Chat is definitely not the right one for this type of questions.

Second: I hope you have noticed the complete set of documentation around RapidMiner already, didn't you? Beside our multi-hundreds-of-thousands-dollars-license-costs-software-for-free we also offer

* An English and a German Manual of about 150 pages: http://rapid-i.com/content/view/36/210/
        * More than 50 videos from us and many more from community members: http://rapid-i.com/content/view/189/212/
        * A developer manual for extending RapidMiner in our shop: http://rapid-i.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,flypage.tpl/product_id,52/category_id,5/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,180/
        * A second (planned) one which will be released shortly (look here in the forum for more details)
        * A set of samples directly delivered with RapidMiner
        * A group on myExperiment.org and more than 100 processes showing nice tricks with RapidMiner on this platform: http://www.myexperiment.org
        * This forum here with many helpful people willing to help you - if they know your problem in detail.
        * A Wiki containing a description of all operators - and which could be improved - also by you!
        * Hey, and finally it's open source - of course you also have access to the source code and the API

Not enough? Well, time is money. Get in contact with Rapid-I, ask for an offer for our Support Subscriptions. Or our training courses. Or our webinars. Or...

I am sure that the documents above will explain everything necessary for getting started. The only thing you need is time to work through it  ;D

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    hello,
    I have already everything that you tell me,  read, ;)
    but nowhere  said, how should I build my tables that I can use the operators! I have run a random clustering in rapid miner, it took me 127 minutes!  ??? :o It says that Rapid Miner suportet Access, but I can not import my Access file in Rapid miner! :-[ :-\ Thanks a lot for your Help and your advise.
  • Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Hi Wolfsburg2011,

Regarding your MS Access issue, are you using Office 2007 or later.  If you are then please note that RapidMiner doesn't read Microsoft's new accdb format for access files.  It is able to read Access files in the older mdb format. 

Please check your Microsoft manual for how to save into older formats. 

JEdward.
  • Options
    hi,
    thanks
  • Options
    Hi Ingo,
    I Excuse me, because I'm total new to RM. Now can you please tell me where can I find information that tells me how should I build my tables? because tried to execute an decision tree, but I couldnot do it, because of my data stracture! Thanks a lot for your help.
    best regards :)