Options

"Out of Memory - Stream Database"

JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
edited May 2019 in Help
Is it possible to use the stream database operator with the RapidMiner repository? 
It only seems to allow me to point at various SQL or Access databases. 

-JEdward
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    that's correct. The repository will support streaming with version 6.0, but at least it will do it then automatically :)

Might be we could solve your memory problems in a different way? Whats your setting?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Hi Sebastian,

I managed to solve my problem another way by breaking the process into many smaller parts and strung those processes together with liberal use of Store and FreeMemory operators. 
    I then ran into a different issue ('ConcurrentModificationException' error), but that's in another post: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,3650.msg13861.html#msg13861

Thanks,
    JEdward.
  • Options
    Wolfsburg2011Wolfsburg2011 Member Posts: 40 Contributor II
    Hi,
    I have the same problem, because of not enough memory. why such a problem happened? how can I solve it? 8)
  • Options
    Hi Wolfsburg2011,

There are a number of reasons why you may have run out of memory.  In my case it's because I've a 32bit Windows system  :'(.  

The first place for you to check is in the RapidMiner system monitor which will indicate how much memory the program had been allocated by the operating system whilst your process is running.  
    The next place to check is http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php?action=search and see if anyone has had problems that fit your specific case.  

-JEdward.