Options

data mining suggestion

pdfarhadpdfarhad Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
Salam and hi

I am new to data mining and as well as with rapidminer. But data mining is getting interesting day by day. So i pay a good time to read the theory of the data mining. So as a result i have some knowledge but no practical use of it. As i am a software developer i made a school management software for a school where there is about 4000 students and 50 teachers. The software features result automation and the school admin asks for teacher's performance analysis. So now i have a data set and want to mine something from it but the problem is what can i do????????????????? I must add that i can get any kind of extra information from the student through the school admin

So I need some suggestion and how can i start, please help me............................ :)

Answers

• Options
    AB26511AB26511 Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
    Valekum salam,

To start up with rapid miner you should first have  some knowledge of Statistics, because to use all the operators in this you should know what are they for.You can also view the videos placed on this website which will help you a lot to start up with.

Thanks ,

Amit
  • Options
    pdfarhadpdfarhad Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi Amit

thanks,
    Bro i am good with statistics and know the R language also, i have small knowledge on the data mining algorithms also, Now i just want to mine something unsupervised from that data set but the problem is i cant implement those algo, so i want some instruction to start up with.....................................

Take care..............................

PD Farhad
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

there are many video tutorials about RapidMiner in the web, an overview can be found at

http://rapid-i.com/content/view/189/212/

Maybe this helps for the start...

Cheers,
    Ingo