Options

PMML Support for 5.1

AB26511AB26511 Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
Hi All,

When I  use "WRITE PMML" to write PMML model , It shows the message " The class Improved neural network cannot  be exported to PMML. For some classes no PMML Writer is available due to restrictions of standard or other technical reasons"

Please advice that is this because of tool limitations or there is problem in the model or is it because I am using community edition?

Thanks,

Amit

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Amit,

I must admit that I am not 100% sure if this is the case here but indeed there are a couple of places where the RapidMiner model simply do much more than is covered by the PMML standard. In those cases, an export of the model is not yet possible. As soon as the PMML standard has been extended in this respect, the PMML writer of RapidMiner will also support those model types. Until then, the only option you will have is to use a different model (or contact Rapid-I directly - we often try to cover problems like those for our Enterprise customers with higher priority...  ;) )

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Miguel_B_scherMiguel_B_scher Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    Hello Amit.

Thats because of the current operator limitation.
    The Write PMML Operator does not support neural network model (yet).

Currently it only supports:
    - Decision Tree Models
    - Rule Models
    - Naive Bayes models for nominal attributes
    - Linear Regression Models, Logistic Regression Models
    - Centroid based Cluster models like models of k-means and k-medoids

But let me tell you that the missing models like AssociationRule or NeuralNetwork models will be supported soon. :)

Greetings
    Miguel Büscher
  • Options
    alexGalexG Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Hi Miguel,

I was wondering when RapidMiner will be releasing its support for Association Rules and Neural Networks. Any information you can provide will be great. We have had clients asking us about that.

Also, it would be great to make sure that your export works with ADAPA and the other Zementis PMML tools. Feel free to contact us for that. For association rules, we have put together a posting on our support blog that tells you how to represent data files. See:

http://adapasupport.zementis.com/2011/04/adapa-and-pmml-association-rules.html

Thanks!

Alex Guazzelli