"Save parameters and performance in Loop parameter"

kixkix Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello everyone. I am trying to try out different parameters for an SVM model. I want to save the performances of different parameter settings (write out to a file). Is it possible? I can't get the parameters that I want to record. And also, what's the best way to bundle the parameter and the performance together? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

take a look at the sample processes provided with RapidMiner. Especially the folder //Smples/processes/06_Meta should be interesting.

Regards,
    Marco
  • kixkix Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Thanks. I had not looked in it. I still don't know how to do it, but I guess I can use several models instead of test it in a loop.
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

the "Log" operator is your solution, just log the parameter values together with the current performance while you perform a parameter optimization or iteration. Well, as Marco has said: Load the process "01_Parameter_Optimization" from the "Meta" directory in the preinstalled "Sample"-Repository. If you don't know what I am talking about, I would suggest reading the manual first...

Cheers,
    Ingo