Options

"Error Transforming meta data transformation: java.lang.NullPointerException"

AnkiAnki Member Posts: 39 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi Matthias, Keith and All,

Thank you for your continuous support.

I am reading the Database by using a Macro. At the time it is showing an Error message as

Error Transforming meta data transformation: java.lang.NullPointerException and for this no quick fixes available.

And After that I am connecting it to Select "Attribute subset operator" for that no output delivering from previous Database read operator.
IIf I read the database without Macro, It is working properly. No Errors.

What could be the reason...How can I solve this.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

well, what would you expect? We can not read the meta data from a database which contains a macro, hence is dynamically created during process execution. My tip: First design the complete process without using the macro during data loading but a fixed value instead. Then, if everything works fine, the last step is introducing the macro. RapidMiner will complain in the Problems view (which is ok since we loose meta data information) but the process will execute anyway.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    AnkiAnki Member Posts: 39 Contributor II
    Hi Ingo,

Thank you for your tip. Now its working fine

Yours
    Anki