Options

bitwise or?

wasperenwasperen Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Does RapidMiner have a bitwise OR function?

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

( don't write too much or bother with greetings or anything else...  ;) )

since the amount of information is enormous I don't even know where to start. Hence: it depends. If the bits are stored via examples or attributes (each bit one), this should be possible by wise aggregations. However, if you mean that you would like to calculate a bitwise OR between two attributes and store the result in a third one I am afraid the answer is no. But you always can of course the operator "Execute Script" in cases like this...

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    wasperenwasperen Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    :D thought to keep it short and sweet  :D

But. Hi everyone. And thanks to the ever relentless Ingo!

Yes, I exactly meant att3 = att1 bitwise-or att2.

I've never had any need for the script operator -- maybe this is the first time!

Thanks,
    Willem
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

you could indeed try the script operator. Or - if you are familiar with programming and are able to build RapidMiner yourself - you could download and build the latest developer version. I just have added four new functions bit_and(x,y), bit_or(x,y), bit_xor(x,y), and bit_not(x) for integer values x and y to the expression parser which is used for the operator "Generate Attributes". If you are an enterprise customer, just contact your sales representative and he or she will make sure that you will get an update before the next official release.

Cheers,
    Ingo