Options

How to work with object before executing process

carbouratorcarbourator Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

is there a way how to work with object right after connection to input port? I want something like your Aggregate operator-I need to take a look at the input object and offer all its members to user who would choose which members shall go to the output. Is this possible?

Thank you

Oh and the input object is not ExampleSet, I guess that makes it more complicated

Answers

• Options
    SkirzynskiSkirzynski Member Posts: 164 Maven
    Hey,

you can write your own operator and add your needed functionality to your own extension. Or you can use the "Execute Script"-Operator where you can access your input and do whatever you want. As a language you have to use Groovy. In the documentation of the "Execute Script"-Operator you can look up how to access the input etcpp.

Martch
  • Options
    Yes, I am writing my own operator, but I dont know how to work with the object outside of doWork method
  • Options
    I am thinking it would even be best to make some dialog window pop out during doWork method. When my operator gets its input, it should present it to the user and let him choose what to do wit it. How can I do that?