Options

Sorting after Transpose

harrisharris Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello good miners.

I want to be able to sort data by column (not row) values. As I understand, I first have to use Transpose, then Sort and then Transpose again to to get back to the original data matrix with sorted values. So I need to go from this:
to this:

The three-operator sequence works in principle fine but after the first Transpose Sort only allows one special attribute (id) to be chosen. This attribute just contains the original column names which Sort then sorts alphabetically. How can I get the subsequent data rows sorted (as resultset after Transpose#1 does contain att1..att(n) values to sort by) ?

best, Harri

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

in an example set, each row is linked together. So let's say you have the following example set:
    att1att2
    1a
    3c
    2b
    If you sort the example set on the attribute 'att1', the result will look like this:
    att1att2
    1a
    2b
    3c
    you cannot rearrange only the order of examples of a single attribute without changing the order of the other attributes. And I can't think of way right now to do what you need to do, so until someone comes up with something clever, I'm afraid you'll have to use the Execute Script operator and write your own groovy script to do it..

Regards,
    Marco