"Error when running WVToolRapidMinerExample.java"

behrangsabehrangsa Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi all,

When I run WVToolRapidMinerExample.java it fails and shows this error message:

Exception in thread "main" com.rapidminer.operator.OperatorCreationException: No operator description object given for 'WVTool'
        at com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService.createOperator(OperatorService.java:531)

I have installed the WVTool plugin and I set the rapidminer.home property correctly but I checked operators.xml and no description object is defined for WVTool. Any ideas what do I have to do in order to run this sample program?

Thanks in advance,
Behrang
Tagged:

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

the WVTool plugin was renamed to "Text Plugin" about two years ago. At the same time, we decided to split the WVTool Operator into an operator "TextInput" together with small and specialized operators for the different tasks. Please have a look into the samples delivered with the new "Text" plugin and you will get the idea what have changed here. In short: rename "WVTool" to "TextInput" and add appropriate inner operators for the desired tasks like stemming etc.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • behrangsabehrangsa Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Thanks. The Java example in the downloadable package is still using WVTool as the operator name though. It would be better to update it to use TextInput cause for users new to RapidMiner it is a source of confusion.
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

thanks for pointing this out. We will update this.

Cheers,
    Ingo