Options

DatatoWeights operator[SOLVED]

ChrisirgensChrisirgens Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi again,

This is really a sort of follow-on from the issue solved by Marius earlier.
The operator DatatoWeights is defined as creating a new attribute weights IOObject from an example set, yet states also that the result is a vector whose elements are simply set to 1. Does this mean that there is no way that a set of weights values can be taken from an ExampleSet and recast as a new weights object? It seems impossible to scale ExampleSet vectors (examples) with any other object type than weight type.

Kindest Regards,

ChrisI

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Chris,

an example set does not contain *attribute* weights. Thus the Data to Weights has no chance to "extract" anything different 1 from the example set. From your post however I am not sure what you are trying to do. If you want to apply weights on the *examples* instead of the attributes, you can create a new attribute with Generate Attribute and assign the role "label" to it with Set Role.

Best,
    Marius
  • Options
    ChrisirgensChrisirgens Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    Hi Marius,

Many thanx again, this has given me some food for thought so I shall use your 'catalyst' to explore. :-)

Kindest Regards,

Chris.