"Read sparse data problem, Is it a bug?"

siamak_wantsiamak_want Member Posts: 98 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

I use RM 5.2;

I have a sparse dataset in RM Sparse Format. I used the "Read Sparse Operator" for reading my dataset. Because my label is the last token of the dataset, I set the format to "xy". So I have not any ".aml" file and nor label files. I ran the "Read Sparse Operator" and it worked fine and recognizes the "label attribute" very well.

Then I connected a KNN classifier to the "Read Sparse Operator" and I got the error: "Input example set must have special attribute 'label'."!!!

If RM has identified the label, so why it produces such an error when it is being connected to a classifier? now a more surprising fact: The process run with no problem, despite the generated error!!!

Is it a bug in RM or have I done something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the metadata view is not always accurate - one just cannot predict what will happen sometimes before actually doing it - like loading data from a file. In your case you can either chose to ignore the error because as you found out it's not a real problem, or you can store the data in the repository before proceeding with your k-NN operator, so RM knows your exampleset has a label.

Regards,
    Marco
  • siamak_wantsiamak_want Member Posts: 98 Contributor II
    Hi, Marco,

Now I got it, thanks to your nice guide. In fact, before reading the file RM must not be able to find label. I mean RM recognizes thelabel in runtime.

Thanks Marco.