Options

"PaREn does not work in the newly released RM 5.2.2! Is it a bug?"

siamak_wantsiamak_want Member Posts: 98 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,
I have downloaded the new version, but it has a new bug:
when you run the PaREn, you will see an empty "Error" dialog box with just a close button. And the PaREn does not work at all. If you press the close button, PaREEn will be closed!!!

I hope RM team solve this problem as soon as possible. Because PaREn is a very nice and necessary piece of software which grately helps RM power.

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    cbwqcbwq Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
    siamak_want wrote:

Hi,
    I have downloaded the new version, but it has a new bug:
    when you run the PaREn, you will see an empty "Error" dialog box with just a close button. And the PaREn does not work at all. If you press the close button, PaREEn will be closed!!!
    I mentioned this in the other thread but a new thread is appropriate for what is likely a new problem.

I've also encountered this error and logged it in bugzilla: http://bugs.rapid-i.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1063
    I've also notified dfki.de and they said they'll look at it "within the next days".

This error only effects the Automatic System Construction.  The Landmark operator still works fine so at least there's that.

You might want to check your console log (start RapidMiner from a console and check what is written back to the console, assuming you're in Linux/Mac, I have no idea what that would involve in Windows).

If you're output looks like the below extract, then it would be the same problem.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.getParameterAsRepositoryLocation(Operator.java:1396)
            at com.rapidminer.operator.io.RepositorySource.getRepositoryEntry(RepositorySource.java:91)
            at com.rapidminer.operator.io.RepositorySource.read(RepositorySource.java:105)
            at de.dfki.madm.paren.gui.wizard.AutomaticSystemConstructionWizard.readDataSet(AutomaticSystemConstructionWizard.java:94)
            at de.dfki.madm.paren.gui.wizard.RegressionWizardStep$2.doInBackground(RegressionWizardStep.java:265)
            at de.dfki.madm.paren.gui.wizard.RegressionWizardStep$2.doInBackground(RegressionWizardStep.java:258)
            at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:296)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
            at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:335)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Quentin
    www,clearbluewater.com.au
  • Options
    chikayachikaya Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    I'm on RM 5.2.008 and PARen 5.2.2, also dubed  MLWizard 5.2.2 will also through a java.lang.NullPointerException after selecting data from the Repository with the 'Automatic System Construction' wizard. PARen 5.1.1 however works like charm. Is there any change log for the extensions?
    By the way, I couldn't even install via menu > update RapidMiner, there I got some kind of HTTP-ERROR 400, so I downloaded the extension at the Marketplace (rmx_paren-ANY-5.2.2.jar), renamed it to rmx_paren-5.2.2.jar and stored it to my C:\Users\<myAccount>\.RapidMiner5\managed, where the other extensions reside, then also edited the file extensions.xml to make RM see the extension. After that, the extension will be loaded, but then i get the java.lang.Null.....you know the rest.

just my 2 cents
  • Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

I've just check PaRen-Extension version 5.2.2 with RapidMiner 5.2.008.
    I also get a NullPointerException with but with this stacktrace:

at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.functionality.Regressioner.predict(Regressioner.java:58)
           at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.functionality.Regressioner.predict(Regressioner.java:83)
           at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionWizardStep$2.doInBackground(RegressionWizardStep.java:190)
           at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionWizardStep$2.doInBackground(RegressionWizardStep.java:185)
           at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Can you confirm it?

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    gordon277gordon277 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm also getting a null pointer exception. Where would I be able to download Paren 5.1.1.jar?
  • Options
    earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    I'm experiencing the same problems with PaREn described here. Anybody can share the jar file for the last version that worked?

Thanks in advance,

\E
  • Options
    ilkerDilkerD Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    PaREn seems to be replaced by MLWizard extension.
    However, I am getting the same null pointer exception with MLWizard through "Automatic System Construction".
    Current version: Rapidminer 5.3.008, MLWizard 5.3.1.
    Tried different things: Using the extension management interface of RapidMiner, manually adding the extension to plugin folder.
    Yet, no success!
    Any hints to solve this problem guys?

Here is the console log:

com.rapidminer.operator.tools.ExampleSetToStream <init>
    WARNING: Using deprecated example set stream version 1
            at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.functionality.Regressioner.predict(Regressioner
    .java:58)
            at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.functionality.Regressioner.predict(Regressioner
    .java:83)
            at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionWizardStep$2.doInBackground(Regre
    ssionWizardStep.java:190)
            at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionWizardStep$2.doInBackground(Regre
    ssionWizardStep.java:185)
            at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
            at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionTableModel.<init>(RegressionTable
    Model.java:45)
            at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionWizardStep.createMainPanel(Regres
    sionWizardStep.java:137)
            at de.dfki.madm.mlwizard.gui.RegressionWizardStep$2.done(RegressionWizar
    dStep.java:200)
            at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Sour
    ce)
            at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(
    Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Sour
    ce)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
  • Options
    RWingerterRWingerter Member Posts: 38 Contributor II
    The problem only seems to occur on Windows systems. I use Windows 7, 64 bit and I also had the "java.lang.NULLPointerException" in ML Wizard. For me the error does not occur anymore in ML Wizard version 5.3.1. However, you don't seem to be the only one that still gets the error, cf. http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,5560.0.html. Weird ...

Roland