Options

"mandatory input missing" after "execute script"

greggreg Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
Hello Community

I have a "union" operator" taking input from a "execute script" operator. When run, everything works fine (the data flow correctly) but in the GUI I have an error icon stating the input is missing.

Is there any way to tell to the GUI this is actually not an error?

TIA

greg

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi greg,

The GUI has no chance of knowing what your script will do during execution. So it displays an error just to be sure that the user gets a note of *possible* problems. Currently there is no way to "delete" errors which are displayed even though the process works correcty.

Best,
    Marius
  • Options
    greggreg Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
    Thanks for your answer.

It's a shame it defeats the purpose of the error checker, which can be very useful when the project is getting large (and the user, like me, is not a guru ;)

Is there a way to de-activate the error checker then?

TIA

greg
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    You can simply hide the Problems view  by clicking the X on the Problems tab. To get it back, go into the View -> Show View menu.
  • Options
    melvmelv Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Hi,

is there a solution yet?

• Options
    w_f_vandervegtew_f_vandervegte Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    This is a shame, since it also disables selecting attributes further downstream from drop-down menus. They now have to typed in manually.
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    hi @w_f_vandervegte ,
    you can use Process->Synchronize Meta Datawith Real Data to use last executions data. Thats usually a nice work around.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany