Options

Issue with oracle connecitivity

bvirulkarbvirulkar Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
Hi,

I have connected RapidMiner with oracle 9i database. I have successfully tested the connection. But when I use 'Read Database' operator then it does not populate the available table list in the window. I tried to write the SQL manually and its working. Can anyone please tell me why the lisyt of tables are not getting populated to select the required one?

Thanks,
Bhushan
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Bhushan,

if the table list is not populated, you can enter the table name manually directly into the combobox.

Best, Marius
  • Options
    bvirulkarbvirulkar Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hi,

There is data present in the tables. Still I am not able to see the table names which appears in case SQL Server. But I can write my SQL and it executes fine. The schema also contains synonyms in oracle DB. Is it the issue with this version of Rapid Miner? If not, Kindly provide me the steps to connect to oracle db.

Thanks,
    Bhushan

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

it is certainly suboptimal that the table list is empty; however you can type in the table name into the combobox with the keyboard, even if the list is empty.

Best,
    Marius