Options

"Getting the function value of SVM as output [SOLVED]"

awsaws Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Good evening,

the more I am getting into RM, the more I like it. It is really a great piece of software.

Yet, the more I learn, the more questions I have. This time it is about support vector machines (SVM) for a binominal classification.

A SVM calculates weights and identifies support vectors in the learning stage. To classify a vector, the SVM applies the vector to a function that basically contains the Kernel function, the support vectors, and the weights. Depending on the sign of the resulting function value, the vector is classified as 0 or 1 (or whatever name you use for your classes).

Applying a SVM (LibSVM) in RM, I get the prediction and the confidence as output.

Is there also an easy (=integrated in the GUI) way to get the function value as output or do I have to modify the source code of the particular operator?

I am looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,
 Alex

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi Alex,

as far as I know this isn't possible at the moment.  :-[

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    awsaws Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Good afternoon,

thanks for your reply. I've just manipulated the performPrediction method in com.rapidminer.operator.learner.functions.kernel.LibSVMModel.java. Instead of the confidence attribute, I am getting the function value now. This works for me.

Greetings,
      Alex