[SOLVED] controlling output ExampleSet title

tennenrishintennenrishin Member Posts: 177 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I am looking for a way to control the titles of multiple ExampleSets that are outputted from my process (see below).

Apparent behavior of RM is to adopt the name of the last operator that influenced the ExampleSet in some way.

Background:
Let the main process be called A.
Inside this process there are multiple 'Execute Process' operators that run process B (but with differing macro values).
Inside process B, the last operator that influences the data is operator C.
So C's output goes directly to B's output, and multiple B processes' outputs go directly to the parent (A) process's outputs.

The resulting output when A is run, consists of multiple tabs, all called by the same name of "ExampleSet(C)". Is there some way to make the outputs have different names? I tried inserting B's macro into C's name, but macros don't seem to get expanded in operator names.

Currently, the only kind of workaround I am aware of is, for example, to insert two extra dummy operators (after each B in A) that cancel each other's effect, and call them by different names. Or is there a better solution.

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    There is currently no way of influencing the names of examples sets. You could however store the output of C to the repository with the Store operator and compose the entry name from the macro values. Then you have everything documented for later, and can access the example sets comfortably by name from the repository.

Best, Marius
  • tennenrishintennenrishin Member Posts: 177 Contributor II
    Thank you.