Options

XML / Doc format for User developed R fragments and documentation?

pmiddletpmiddlet Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited November 2019 in Help
Does anyone have an idea on what the structure of R code fragments written by users should be in XML (noted under Tools -> Preferences -> R)? The parser is looking for them and is responsible I believe for causing the "Content is not allowed in prolog" error thrown by java when Mac OS X users load RM from a terminal. What about the format for documentation, is this the same format as the  R standard for help files or something else?

Can this be 'turned off' in the loading process? RM appears to make this a critical part of the loading process.

Many thanks. 

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

as you can see it is just logged as a warning. There is nothing crucial about it. Your R Extension should work even without the R fragments - at least mine does.
    Nevertheless some days ago we have removed the warning if no R fragments or documentation are available. With the next release you shouldn't see them anymore.

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    pmiddletpmiddlet Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    HI Nils,

Actually mine flags as a fatal error, not a warning (see my post and crash dump on this) at:

http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,4912.msg18654.html#msg18654

However, what if one wants to write documentation files as part of a standard internal library? Does the documentation library which RM reads adhere to the R conventions for help file / documentation structure? What about the XML structure for the code fragments?

Many thanks!