Options

RM says: my operator is a dummy Operator!!!

siamak_wantsiamak_want Member Posts: 98 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I have developed my own operator for RM and it works in RM like a charm. Now, I want to call a process which contains my own operator from my java program. But RM says:

com.rapidminer.operator.UserError: The dummy operator MClusterValidator (replacing tutorial:MClusterValidator) cannot be executed.
As I mentioned previously, my operator MClusterValidator works well in RM. but I am not able to call it from my own java program!!! It has made me so confused. Any Idea please?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

did you call RapidMiner.init() before executing the process? Plugins need to be initiated before you can use them.

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    Hi Nils,

Thanks for your guide. I have called rapidminer.init().  I changed the ExecutionMode to "EMBEDDED_WITHOUT_UI" and RM find my plugins and works fine. I mean When I change the ExecutionMode to "EMBEDDED_WITH_UI" my plugins are not identified by RM. Do you know what is the difference between these two execution modes and where is the problem?

Thanks again
  • Options
    Is there anyone who can help me solve my problem please?
  • Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

the difference between both modes is that EMBEDDED_WIHTOUT_UI is headless whereas EMBEDDED_WITH_UI is not headless.
    It shouldn't change anything regarding plugin loading. So I have to admit I don't know what causes these error but you can have a look yourself at RapidMiner.java line 111.
    There ExecutionMode is defined. Furthermore you can try to call Plugin.setInitPlugins(true); before RapidMiner.init()

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    Thank you Nils.