Options

[SOLVED] Decimal point vs comma in rapidminer

juliojulio Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Dear Sirs,

I have been using very happily Rapidminer for some time and I think it is a great product. Congratulations.

I am almost embarrassed to ask this question, but I could not find any documentation, nor found anyhting through forum-search, nor google.

The question is very simple:
I am accessing a database with decimal values, and for some reason Rapidminer sets the decimal point as a ".".
My computer, excel, the database itself, represents the decimal point as a ",".
Apparently internaly rapidminer uses the "." internally as it adds-up well, but if  I want to put data into a report, it makes live hell...

Sorry if this is too easy, but still would very much appreciate an answer... :-)

Thank you,

Julio

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Julio,

I fear the answer to your question is really simple, but not in the way that you hoped: in general, it is simply not possible to change the number format of RapidMiner.

However, if you use the Write Excel operator to write xlsx files, you can specify the number format. Maybe this is already sufficient?

Happy Mining!
    Marius
  • Options
    Hi Marius,

Thank you for the quick answer!. Interesting that a "German" company chose that particular representation :-) I suppose there is some legacy involved here.

My main issue is that I am using the reporting extension, indeed in xls format, but no options are available there to set the decimal separator.
    The reporting extension is great as it allows to create multiple sections, which is really a must for more complex reports.

Any alternative you can think of?

Thank you!

Julio
  • Options
    Solution: Format Number operator, with the right Locale, before writing or exporting.
    Should have thought about this...
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Thanks for sharing your solution!