[SOLVED] Reporting Plots?

blueearthblueearth Member Posts: 42 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, I want to know is it possible to export custom plots of operators such as pca automatically through reporting extension? and if the answer is yes how should i do it?
Thanks alot

Answers

• stefbradstefbrad Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    I too am interested in knowing this but in my case how to configure the reporting extensions to use an advanced graph if it is even possible?
  • blueearthblueearth Member Posts: 42 Contributor II
    I really need it... i have to save my plots manually and it takes long time since i have to get all plots and have 4 databases
    please...is there any way to do it  through operators ??
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    You can use the Reporting extension to export pdf or Excel files with your plots:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.3.000">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="405" width="570">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="45" y="30">
            <parameter key="target_function" value="checkerboard classification"/>
            <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="2"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="principal_component_analysis" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="94" name="PCA" width="90" x="180" y="30"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="reporting:generate_report" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate Report" width="90" x="315" y="30">
            <parameter key="report_name" value="test"/>
            <parameter key="format" value="Excel"/>
            <parameter key="pdf_output_file" value="C:\Users\mhelf\Desktop\test.pdf"/>
            <parameter key="excel_output_file" value="C:\Users\mhelf\Desktop\test.xls"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="reporting:report" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" height="60" name="Report" width="90" x="450" y="30">
            <parameter key="specified" value="true"/>
            <parameter key="reportable_type" value="PCA Model"/>
            <parameter key="renderer_name" value="Cumulative Variance Plot"/>
            <list key="parameters"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="PCA" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="PCA" from_port="preprocessing model" to_op="Generate Report" to_port="through 1"/>
          <connect from_op="Generate Report" from_port="through 1" to_op="Report" to_port="reportable in"/>
          <connect from_op="Report" from_port="reportable out" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    thank you Marius
    but what i need is exporting plots from example set out put such as scatter , bars and etc :(
    that's what i couldn't find
    Do you have any ideas for that?
  • stefbradstefbrad Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    In the reporting set create a Report, then add an element to the report after the data set processing. Within the parameters under data set there is charts and you can configure though and export those to the pdf.  My problem was I saw an option in the reporting to add advanced charts but I couldn't get it configured to actually output an advanced chart.  So i was curious if this was possible or will be availble in the next update of RM and the reporting extention?
    Thanks i solved my problem  :X  :D