[SOLVED] copy labels from one example set to an unlabeled Set

chikayachikaya Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I have a data set which I have to do some manipulation on. This  involves a transpose ( rotating) of the set. The labels are transposed with the data (that's right) to become the last example, now I drop them because I am doing numeric operations on the data. After that, I transpose the data back to respect the norm in RM i.e. Columns are Features/Attributes and rows are samples/examples/observations in my case measurements (spectra). At this step I get a naked Set to which I want to add the column with labels. I tried things like using operator select attr. to select only the labels from the original labeled set, then played with operator "join" or "union" but no luck. Ended up dropping the data in CSV and  concatenating the columns outside RM. How could i do this in RM or should I ponder on using the R-extension to keep my workflow in one tool set?  

Answers

• SkirzynskiSkirzynski Member Posts: 164 Maven
    According to "READ BEFORE POSTING: How to Ask for Help": Can you provide a process and a small fraction of your data?
  • chikayachikaya Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    I did read the "Read before posting..", but I judged that my prob was so trivial, someone would just point me to the right operator. Well, I was right that it's trivial but wrong in not posting the Process, as the problem was in the details. Using the operator join was the right thing but I was blind to the description "Build the join of two example sets using the id attributes of the sets in order to identify the same examples.". Somewhere along my process, the set i manipulated received a set of IDs automatically, which are different from those in the Set with labels. I solved this by using the operator "generate ID" on both data sets before applying join.
    I'm sorry if my problem was trivia to most people  :-[, but I am a newbie to RM with MATLAB/Python background, so the language and mindset differs a bit here. Whatever, shame on me!
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    chikaya wrote:

I did read the "Read before posting..", but I judged that my prob was so trivial, someone would just point me to the right operator. Well, I was right that it's trivial but wrong in not posting the Process, as the problem was in the details.
    :D

I'm sorry if my problem was trivia to most people  :-[,
    That's why we have the forums. Thanks for posting your solution! :)

Happy Mining!
    ~Marius