"How to do Sentiment analysis on text data using rapid miner"

sbhatiasbhatia Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help

Hi All,

I am trying to do sentiment analysis on text messages (text mining) using rapid miner.
Example: If message is "Apple rocks" we should be able to rate this statement as positive. Similarly if message is "Apple is not fast" this can be rated as negative.

Please let me know if you have some solution or samples available.
Or any other alternative can be used.

Regards,
Sagar

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sagar Bhatia | sbhatia@infocepts.com |

InfoCepts | www.infocepts.com |

Off: +91 712 224 5867, +1 301 560 2591 Ext 8471

Mob: +91 99750 48 284

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Sagar,
    please find links to video tutorials about the basics of RapidMiner and also about text mining in the post linked in my signature.

Regards,
    Marius
  • venven Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    I'am looking for information about sentiment analysis using rapidminer too. The tutorials that u mentioned did not help me a lot.
    Hi,

you may also want to have a look at the new book "Data Mining for the Masses" by Matthew North. He explains data mining with RapidMiner from the very beginning: http://www.amazon.de/Data-Mining-Masses-Matthew-North/dp/0615684378
    Otherwise, you should tell us where exactly you have problems and where you don't understand the tutorials, so we can help you.

Best, Marius
  • saddamsaddam Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    We are developing a project under academic who is using sentiment analysis. We use the tool RapidMiner however we have some difficulty in creating the process. It will be useful to use a dictionary of words in order to relate to the other users' opinions? How to implement?
    thank you
    Hi Saddam,

you information is a bit sparse - what is your input data, what do you have so far, where exactly do you get stuck? Which documentation/tutorial materials did you use? Please also post the process that you created and describe what you expect it to do, and where the problems occur.

Concerning the dictionary, can you please describe more detailed, what you are thinking about?

Best regards,
    Marius
  • AYLIENAYLIEN Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Hi Sagar, 

At AYLIEN we've built a RapidMiner Extension to make NLP and Text Analysis tasks like Sentiment Analysis a bit easier. 

You can download the extension in the RM marketplace. https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_com.aylien.textapi.rapidminer

We've also created some tutorial blogs which should help you out. 

Getting Started with Text Analysis by AYLIEN

Sentiment Analysis and Categorization of tweets

Thanks,

Mike