Options

[SOLVED] Help with R extension

mavericksnmavericksn Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi Guys,
  I am trying to achieve the below:
(1) Load a csv with some data and look at the plots like scatter plot and histograms..
(2) For the plots that are not available in Rapidminer, I thought I would plug in the "Execute R script" operator to "Read Csv" so as to compliment the missing plots.

I believe the examples show connecting the retrieve operator to Execute R script, but havent encountered read csv being connected to R. Is there a way to do this without achieving the 2 plots (simple histogram and plots not available in Rapidminer by default) in 2 separate processes.

Thanks
mavericksn

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi mavericksn,

actually I don't understand fully what you are trying to do. Do I understand correctly that you have a process which loads a CSV, and you want to connect the data both to the process output to plot the data in RapidMiner, and additionally pass the data to R, such that you can use the R plotters?

To do that, just add both Read CSV and the Execute R operator to your process. Then connect Read CSV to the process output on the far right. Then, try to connect the output additionally to the Execute R operator. A message box pops up. The combobox inthere allows you to add a so called Multiply opeartor, which will simply duplicate the data.

Hope this helps!
    Best regards,
    Marius